A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Monday, September 6, 2010

Night of October 10-11, 2009

I remember working on a huge ship when, like in the movies, most of the crew turned to zombies. I think they would faint first then sort of wake up as mindless zombies. It wasn't scary at all and even kind of funny most of the time. For example, one of the first people to faint, fainted for some other completely different reason. We locked his body in a big trunk but at the end of the dream, he woke up (next to the dead bodies of some zombies we killed and stuffed in later) and panicked and that was funny. There really wasn't much story to the whole thing. I can't remember the middle very well (I simply recall shooting zombies). In the end, two remaining survivors and I all crammed into a fighter jet (I guess we were on an aircraft carrier) and tried to escape. We didn't really know how to fly but we were in the Caribbean so the water was only a few feet deep (and very beautiful and pristine) so we kept the landing gear down and just tried to drive the plane like a car. Another part of the air force sent a helicopter to see what was happening. It saw us but when we couldn't identify ourselves as authorized pilots (which we weren't, anyways), it tried to shoot us. One of the other survivors pleaded for the helicopter to stop and said that his brother was an F-1 pilot (so that he had some experience with big, fast machines) but as the helicopter kept shooting, he got hit and started bleeding. We stopped the plane and opened the cockpit and tried to help him but he died in our arms. We then heard normal human screams from the ship, ran back, and it turned out to be the guy we had locked in the trunk I mentioned before. We saw some other survivors who had been in the ship as well before while we had been fighting zombies. Credits scrolled up then, as though it had all been a movie. There was strange song playing in the background which went: “A dog went out with my girlfriend,” in the same general style as “Ain't Got No” by Nina Simone. I could also hear Papa as though he had been watching the movie too. Liking the song, I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!