A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Friday, September 24, 2010

Night of October 11-12, 2009

I remember the whole dream being in Fallout 3. I was going around collecting some different items, and getting attacked by raiders. I was in a huge bombed-out amphitheater when a massive Super Mutant Behemoth came out. They are normally about fifteen feet tall but this one was over thirty. I went into the Pip-boy and found my T-Rex which I was saving for this. It was about the same size. I took direct control of it and the two of us duked it out like the T-Rex and King Kong in Peter Jackson's King Kong.
Second dream. Mama, Papa, Natasha and I all went to a nature exhibit and talk. It was at a little nature reserve. Our guide would show us some things in one of the buildings then we'd walk to another one of the small buildings (they were kind of like the gift shops at national parks although they were more of a museum than a store) and he'd show us things there. He was talking about ecosystems and plants in what appeared to be a jungle environment. There was a fairly large display with a rocky outcropping, a little waterfall pouring over it and many ferns and similar plants on top. The entire hing was covered in spider webs. Not the little ones in the air made by small spiders but the ones on the ground left by the huge ones. Our guide was sitting on all of this and while he talked he picked at the webs and threw them away. He sorta just peeled them off. I asked him what had made them (even though that was stupid because I knew perfectly well). He said, “Ah, I'll show you,” and he teased out a massive black tarantula-type spider with bright yellow stripes. I was terrified and covered my eyes but it was too late; I had seen its face and figure. Mama then explained to the confused man that I was arachnophobic and he said, “ah.” Then he thought of something clever. He put down the spider which he had (accidentally or even on purpose) killed when he caught it and he took out a piece of paper. He nicely asked me to watch even though it might be a little bit scary. He drew (very well, I might add) the spider he just showed me. Then he drew it again but as slightly smaller and more like an ordinary house spider (which aren't as traumatizing — but still scary). He made the face go away, the legs thinner and the abdomen be much smaller (or whatever that gross bulb is called). Through a succession of quick sketches, he “made” the monster a bit less scary. He said that if I got the willies from thinking about or having seen a spider, to think about it as a lot smaller and less scary spider. Soon after the tour was over and I woke up. I like his advice. I think that it could work because my mind gets stuck on one image so if I could get it to at least stick on a less frightening one, I wouldn't be up at three-thirty in the morning writing this with my teddy bear kept close). I'm going to try it in the real world when the time comes. Thanks mister!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!