A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Monday, October 4, 2010

Night of November 1-2, 2009

I remember being in a dream in a small city like Monterey. Mama, Papa, Paula S., and I were all at a small apartment and we played boardgames and card games. I also remember “waking up” from a previous dream and writing it down because I've put this notepad next to my bed. Obviously that was just a dream too.
I also remember a second dream being at school. It was Culham but had students and teachers from both Culham and Lycée. For a reason that I can't remember, Mrs Pradas was very mad at me personally. It wasn't a scholastic reason. I really, really didn't want to go to Spanish class and just needed to avoid her. I was with Oli (with whom she was angry a little bit too) and we decided it'd be best to skip Spanish. We hid in some bathrooms near the teachers' photocopy room and could hear the different Spanish teachers looking for us, as some younger kids came in we asked if they'd do us a favor by pretending to be us and distracting the teachers as a diversion. They agreed and left the bathroom making lots of noise. We saw our chance and left around back behind the infirmary and near the Shumann Hall. We then heard our entire Spanish class behind us. It seems that they all decided just to leave in the middle of class because Mrs Pradas was behind them and looking angry. Solene W. and Margaux S. were there and asked, “What's your average in Spanish?” to which I replied, “Eight or eight and a half...” They then said that, “That's good for you because we have and average of nine point seventy-five and our averages're gonna go down because of this.” (I understood that that would mean my grades would be closer to the class average) Mrs Pradas looked furiously at us but Oli and I just smiled and innocently got in line with the others who were all walking to the Sports Hall. (If class had started at that moment, we wouldn't even have considered very late so we were the least in trouble.) As we all arrived at the Sports Hall, another class led by Pauline Legendre (sports teacher from Lycée) was there. There were mostly just having fun throwing basketballs. Mrs Pradas went to talk to Pauline and we all ran in to play with out friends. As I ran up to Youssef H. and Julien F., I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!