A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Monday, October 4, 2010

Night of November 2-3, 2009


I remember driving at night around San Francisco; racing actually. Up and over the hills really fast. I was just in an ordinary car but once in a while I'd see a really nice car parked. I finally decided to just park and look around for one. I don't remember what kind of car it was. Alessio P. was there with me and we were walking around a residential neighborhood with a few shops. We were chatting about cars as we walked. A small delivery truck was parked in the middle of the road, perpendicular to the flow of traffic. It was late at night so no one was driving but all of a sudden a bus came and plowed right through it, ripping it in half. At all the noise, the delivery man came out and we asked him if he was ok. He casually said that that wasn't the first time that happened. He had another delivery truck (or maybe the first wasn't even his and he was just joking) and on it were flower bouquets all labeled for different addresses. I noticed one for our house and realized it must be for Natasha's birthday (which in the dream, was that night). Alessio was gone and was replaced by a girl I've never seen. The florist gave me a rose to give her. There was a small convenience store nearby and I went in to get change. It was fairly busy inside. A man gave me a TV guide and on the counter I saw a man had paid for something with a three-dollar bill. Papa came in and asked if I wanted him to put the TV guide away. I said sure but I didn't care really. He then asked he should put it on the display case so I turned to him and said, “Look, you're just making this a big deal. It doesn't matter.” This sort of shocked him and he threw it away, deflated. Sorry that I hurt his feelings, I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!