A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Night of July 29-30, 2009

I remember being with Mama walking around part of a city. We turned off the street and went along some of the paths between the houses and through their backyards. I think I was in San Francisco because there were all the hills. It was very sunny though. We got to out destination by walking through a construction site. It was a small building with a pool. There was a party. (We had been invited.) The dream then changed completely and I remember sitting in a small room, bathroom or what would be a large closet. I was with Julien F. and I think Olivier J. was there too. We were just chatting, hanging out, and doing nothing. Sitting in a dark room but still having fun, I wake up.
Deuxième rêve. I remember being at school except that it was a desert setting. I was hot and dusty but other than that, it was pretty much the same. My class and I were in a classroom where most of the blinds and curtains had been drawn to keep out the blazing sun. We received a strange test, like one of those that the school orders to be able to get rid of its flaws, or one that is a government requirement and nobody wants to take it or even knows what to answer. I think it was closer to the latter. We were lined up like we were having an exam and there were at least three or four teachers too. Didier F. gave us all a quiz. When someone had asked what it was for, he answered, "to test whether or not you are getting all the patriotic benefits you are entitled to." It sounded like he meant that it was to see if the government was giving us everything it should. Anyways, the questionnaire had only two questions both with "yes" or "no" boxes to check. The first one was, "Do you have a flag or map of the country to hang up in your room?" (they're talking about England here). I don't own a flag or map of Great Britain (or even the US) so I checked the "No" box. I don't remember what the second question was but it was just like the first and had to do with our names. I checked "No" on that one too. Mr F. then went around and picked all our test back up. Out of curiosity (since our answers weren't secret or anything), he asked who had put "No" on the first one. Maybe a third of the class raised their hand. Then he asked who had put "No" on the second as well. He said whoever did will come see him and have detention. I was the only one with my hand up and he looked at me. In the biggest state of, "What?!?!" in my entire life, I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!