A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Night of July 10-11, 2009

Walking through school, everyone is either my height or up to about a foot taller. In the dream, I know that's not normal but I don't say anything. (I keep trying to stealthily walk on my tip-toes or strut to make up for it but that was useless) Next, there was lots of running. I remember dilapidated storerooms with puddles. I was with some special people. Special, as in elite. I remember a final scene, it may have been an actually different dream than the first stuff but I remember being in some back entrance or loading bay to UCSF, laughing about how something didn't work, maybe I'm with my parents. In another dream, possibly after that one (or those?), walking around at night near where the school bus goes by Frankie G.'s hoise and I see Steve P. and his ghostly, ethereal girlfriend walking towards me. It was dark so I didn't recognize them until I smelled all the cigarettes off them. I screeched a loud, "What the?!" and lept to the side. At the same time he looked at me wondering why I was there. There was a tiny hint of the nightmare feeling coming on as I woke up at that instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!