A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Night of August 15-16, 2009

I remember being at a school, in a big cafeteria. They were serving breakfast food for lunch and it was really complicated and unintuitive to order so the woman just gave me a menu to look at. Most people were, had to, or did eat because there was just me in line. My good friend who was a girl (not quite girlfriend) whom I've never seen in real life, came up and gave me a hug. I don't remember any of the dream until a part where we, along with a guy and girl, both from the school, both our friends, and both whom I've never seen before. They were kinda good acquaintances between each other. We all were at some sort of theme park. They decided to go on those scary rides where you sit in a little car and you ride around looking at bleeding skeletons and spider webs. I hate those rides and apparently, so did my "girlfriend". While our two friends in the car behind us were having the time of their lives, we were cowering in fear, huddled together, eyes shut tight, longing for it to end. To make matters worse, the ride stopped in the middle of the ride, next to all sorts of abominations. The safety bar popped up and a loudspeaker said it would be a few minutes until they could fix the problem. One of our friends came up and asked if one of us wanted to swich places. Scared, frightened and terrified, I very reluctantly agreed. Shuffling over to the other car, I wake up. It may sound like a bad dream but it was just an amusement park ride and the person next to me not only understood but shared my fear of those kinds of rides. I don't know why we ever agreed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!