A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Monday, August 16, 2010

Nap of August 31, 2009 Woke up at 10:35 AM

I remember following the life of an African couple, vaguely, with their children as they were on a sunny beach in Korea but couldn't get either home or to America because of visa problems. The dream went back to me and I was on the very crowded beach with Mama, Papa, and Natasha. We left to go home (which apparently was nearby) but on the way, I remembered I had left my bag on the beach. We went back near the road and Papa and I looked down near the water. He found it stuck in the sand and was trying to dig it out but kept getting hit by waves (which hit me too). Just as he got it out, a massive twenty-foot wave tsunami swelled up and hit him then came towards me. I hardly had any time to react but I cupped my hands over my mouth and as the wave passed over me, I just breathed the air cupped in my hands. On the way back, Papa told me about how he had dived into the middle of the wave, effectively going through it, and I told him what I did and how I thought that it only worked with pressurized air. At home, (which was, of course, almost identical inside to the one in England) we discovered house spiders everywhere. Not like in the movies where the floor is covered or anything but like two here, two there, all spread out. In my closet, there were two in the bottom left corner on a spiral web and a big moth came and landed on it. It was a big too big to really get caught but it wasn't free so it sort of shuffled it's way on the surface of the web to the edge. The spiders then worked together to build the web bigger out in the direction that the moth was going so that it wouldn't get to the edge and escape. It was happening surprisingly quickly and I watched in amazement and horror as a series of flat, spiral spiderwebs grew out in three dimensions out toward me, each one supported by the other, It also kept moving towards me and, being so scared, all I could do was crawl away. Then I heard Natasha complain from her room that it was infested with spiders and Mama was going to get the bug spray. Mama and Papa seemed preoccupied with making dinner and one of them said they'll, “start the rice first” before addressing the spiders. Infuriated, I started to go downstairs to get the bug spray myself when I woke up. I hate spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!