A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Night of July 26-27, 2009

I remember that this was a dream I had before. I was walking home and a man was following me. He was 35 to 40 years old with a green turtle neck sweater and two big suitcases. I had gotten off the bus. My stop was out in the woods and my house was through a trail. It was maybe four or five o'clock in the afternoon. I was walking down the trail and saw him following. I know he was bad so I walked faster. The trail ended in a gravel front courtyard with one car parked in it. Papa may have been in the driver's seat, I don't remember. The door of the car was open for me so I ran for it. The man dropped his suitcases and ran after me. He was really fast. I jumped in the car and slammed the door but the window was down. It was a manual window with a crank. When I saw this, a terrible feeling of dread came down: the nightmare feeling. The man reached through the open window and opened the door. Fighting him, he sat next to me and tried to grab me. I shouted at him. I tried to punch him but everytime I did the heavy, tired, terrified feelings of the Nightmare feeling would make my punch slow, like punching underwater. On top of that, his wildly sadistic grin and fire in his eyes only paraded his determination to get me. Fighting but losing, I wake up.
Then I had a second dream. I don't remember how it started (I never do) but it was much more like a movie than an experience. There were a few people to the story: a woman who loved a man, he always had two or three dogs with him, and his friends. I hardly remember any of it. The man and the woman were supposed to go together to a (American) football game. The game proceeded normally until something happened like a helicopter crash, a terrorist bomb's going off, or an earthquake. The entire stadium began to catch fire and fall apart as gas lines inside exploded. The man died in the fire and the woman learned so on TV. Then, separate from the dream, some people commented on what had happened and a little twelve year old Chinese boy said something about silence and wisdom, I wake up after receiving his nugget of wisdom. While the second dream sounds absurd, (mainly because I only remember little parts of it) it was actually very good. "Good" as in like a movie. I don't think I was even in the dream watching what was happening, but more like the camera, sweeping shots in between people and the like. If my dream was a movie, it would have been impressive with bold, sweeping camera shots, powerful color tones, a mind blowing orchestral for the guy dying in the fire part, and on top of that, the lines weren't even too corny (except at the end), and the action was epic. Of course, my dream wasn't a movie and it is dissapearing out of my head even I write what I can down. Maybe it's better that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!