A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Night of July 21-22, 2009

I remember a large city with a small park inside. I was walking by to a bus stop when alarms sounded. There were big fifteen-foot tall monster people running around. To me, this didn't seem like anything special because therer was a lot of strange things like that running around. Nobody else seemed to care either. At the bus stop was just about all the students from my current school and from the Lycée Français. We were waiting to go on a fieldtrip over a couple days. They had some suitcases and duffle bags and were talking. Then, a city bus pulled up to drop off some people. I was sitting on the sidewalk right where it pulled up. A crazy woman flailing her arms around and yelling was the first one off. I was so startled I scooted on my bottom all the way backwards away. Just then our teacher (who happened to be Jacques F. from CM2) arrived with some other people we were supposed to impress, maybe they were sponsors or something. They saw me flailing myself backwards on the ground and Jacques immediately started to try and make excuses for me. He said I had a mental disability and this was the only way I moved around. He also said that I never talked to anyone. He gave me a look like, "If you don't play along to impress these people to make them believe what I said, you're dead!" as everyone else crowded around to see what was happening. Trying my best to bite my tongue and not burst out laughing, I lower my head in silence. Meanwhile our school bus had come to take us wherever we were going. After Jacques' evil eye, I scooted my rear into the bus. It was a small bus for so many people and we had to sit very squished up. I ended up next to Millie C-D. and I apologized for acting so weird but that it wasn't my fault. She laughed it off reassuring me she understood. The bus ride was not actually very long although it seemed like we ended up very far away from where we started. On the bus, someone mentioned they had forgotten their invitation (presumably to the fieldtrip). I didn't have one either and, come to think of it, hadn't even packed and brought a bag that I can remember. Our destination was a dusty road we had to walk down. There were crop fields on either side filled with golden wheat ready to be harvested. The separate the path from the farming were pretty big hedges with some spaces inside and branches missing: not very watered or kept up. Once everyone had gotten off the bus and had found their suitcase, pillow, blanket and duffel bag, we all started the long walk down the dusty road to wherever we were going. The sun was hot, no make that extra hot. There was no humidity nor the slightest of breezes. The long caravan we formed, made of a line of groups of friends kicked up a cloud of dust. We moved slowly, some people stopping or sitting down to rest their legs or get a drink from thei water bottles. The blazing yet wonderful solar heat getting the best of me too, I sit down under an archway of hedges on the side, big enough for a few people, made from part of the hedge on the side of the road getting a hole cut through it. Tired, I lay down and wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!