A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Night of July 20-21, 2009

The dream starts out in the darker, gloomier, dirtier, more dangerous part of a city. Drugs, alcohol and the sort are a problem with many children and teens affected. I don't remember the beginning very much but I was one of the those teens affected too. Then one day, while sitting down somewhere I was plucked up and brought to my house in Oxford. Well, in the dream, it wasn't my house but it was the same building. I had been kidnapped along with three others: a girl and a guy my age as well as my sister. Later, although I don't remember how long, we decide that we need to make a plan to escape. It had something to do with that we hide and while they start to search for us, (we would be separated into two pairs) one group would run for it and while our two captors ran after them, the second group would go. I was in my (real life) room getting some things and putting it in my backpack. The captors were two older men in their fifties or so however, they were athletically fit and no pushovers. They liked and trusted me the most so I used that to my advantage. We weren't kept together so the other three were hidden somewhere else. This was the start of the plan. I had put most of my things in my bag when one of our captors came up to my room to see what I was doing. He started monologuing about something. I saw the door to the room was open. This was it. He was holding my iPod, maybe thinking that I wasn't going to run because that was something I didn't want to leave behind. Well he was wrong! As he went into my room, I smiled and said hello. I began to walk out of the room into the hallway, which was forbidden. He asked what I thought I was doing and I responded casually, "Oh, just getting some stuff." I then ran down the stairs to the door. Angry, but laughing, he mocks, "haha, you'll never get that door open!" The door doesn't have a doorknob but a little latch just like in real life. The chain wasn't even on. I knew how to open the door so I did and ran into the street. I was so happy that my plan worked, I had nearly forgotten about my friends. I yelled, "let's go, let's go! Come on!!" and a second later all three bolted out the door, followed closely by our two hosts. We turned right on Stainfield road down the hill were some stores and, maybe, we hoped, some people. All four of us zoomed down the hill. Our tired, unnourished legs powering us to never before seen speeds as this, right now was survival. Our two captors were on our tails. We shouted and encouraged each other and gave ourselves the pushes and support we so desperately needed. The other guy was very tired and two thirds down the hill, slowed down. One of the captors picked him up wile the other his breath for just a moment. I shouted to the girls who had run ahead to come back and help and they did. Meanwhile, I flew up to the captor who was holding my new friend and pounced on him, dragging him down as I bit hard to blood. There, I don't remember anything else of the fight. Maybe I was knocked out by the other captor or hit my head as we fell down. Either way, the next thing I remember is waking up on the curb with my friends next to me. The bad guys were being loaded into a police car and another policeman was interrogating my friends and me about what had happened. Together, we saved ourselves as well as saved the day! With that good thought in mind, I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!