A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Night of August 17-18, 2009

I remember mainly two large parts of the same huge dream. During the first, (which I remember less) I was with Mama, Papa, and Natasha at Grandpa and Grandma B.'s house. There was a lot of Western culture references in everything we did, said, and saw. Meanwhile, Papa was having some sort of mid-life crisis and he kept wearing my T-shirts and getting on our nerves by trying to act extra cool. As for the second part, I was at a week-long summer camp. It was with everyone from Culham although I'm sure there were more people there than that. For the moment, we didn't really have anything to do. It was just a big free-time and everyone was just wandering around with their friends on the huge grounds. It was very hot and sunny, with the climate a bit like that of the LA suburbs: deserty shrubs, brownish grass, but still plenty of trees and by no means arid. I remember walking around on a hillier part near the edge near some buildings of no particular importance or interest. I then walked down to the central "dip" of the camp (in topographical terms) where the bathrooms were, opposite some of the dorms. They were communal bathrooms in that they shared the same sinks and all but the toilets were all in stalls. There were no urinals and the showers were somewhere else. I think I was with a few people from the French section and we, just like in real life, were roaming around trying to find some others. We found a few of them messing around in the bathroom when we heard the head honcho coming. We grabbed what we were doing and power-walked past him outside away from whatever they had done (if anything). I looked at my itinerary for the week and saw different things. There was a different job or activity for every day of the week. There was a fishing boat day, a railroad day, focussing on track-laying, and a few others I can't remember. "Inside" the whole activity was written what more specifically we'd be doing. For the fishing, there were things like, "safety talk", "boat", etc. For every day, after the first part of our activity, which usually was a safety talk, was planned something at least an hour long called "iPod". Pondering the possibilities and implications, I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!