A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Night of July 28-29, 2009

I remember the dream was like an entire episode of Cowboy Bebop. That figures because I had watched at least ten episodes and downloaded and listened to the entire soundtrack. It was a "new" episode focusing on Ed and a new friend she had made. They received some little presents from a man but it turned out later that he was the one they wanted to claim the bounty on his head. They knew where he would be but everytime Ed et al. went, the man left as though he knew knew they were coming. On top of that, he would mock them by hacking their video monitors. Right when they were about to give up, Ed and her friend realize that it may have to do with the presents. They take them out and sure enough, there are little tracking devices inside. Enjoying Ed's spirit and spunk, I wake up.
Segundo sueƱo. I remember walking around a town and visiting a mini version of the Natural History Museum of Oxford and that little-museum-they-have-in-the-back-with-all-the-human-made-stuff-but-I-can't-remember-its-name. Anyways, a little later I come home with Mama who was with me. In the dining room, my "best friend" (whom I've never actually seen in real life) is there on my Xbox 360 listening to Radio One and doing something on the Internet. He had also called up the people at Radio One and was talking with them as people can and do. When I came in, my friend was talking to the Radio One man about something and the man hummed a song that he had been taught by someone who claimed he had made it up. I recognized it immediately as, "that Christmas song." He then did too and laughed and laughed. There was a contest going on (at other times) on the radio station; one of those "you are the fifth caller, you won" types. But for recognizing the song when he hadn't the Radio One man sent us one of the prizes which was a special virtual item to be used in or on your Xbox 360. The Radio One man sent us two via the Internet and we downloaded our prizes which I'm still not sure what they were. Anyways, the dream then went into to the game we (my friend and I) decided to then play which was some version of Halo. By "into the game", I mean that it was like virtual reality and like being in the game rather than controlling it. Just like last time one of my dreams was in a video game (Night of July 18-19, 2009). Anyways, the game looked like Halo and I was playing with my friend, Mama, and some other random people. I decided that we should have some fun so I opened up a cheat menu (like in Call of Duty 4) and "froze" the game so everything was paused and we could walk around and mess with the monsters. Mama and I went into a tower or guardhouse type structure and on the top floor was one of the enemy monster troops making a silly pose. By the side of the room was a trap door in the floor to the level beneath it, and there another one; three in succession to the first floor into a pit. I opened the trap door for the floor we were on and looked straight down the hole three stories long. I turned to Mama and smiled. She smiled too and said, "Oh no, I know what you're going to do." Just then, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the monster was swaying and his eye moved, as though he hadn't been affected by the "freeze" and was just pretending. When he say I had realized his phoney, he turned and looked at me. He then ran and jumped down the succession of holes in the floors and slammed in the pit on the first floor with a loud thud. Mama and I looked at each other with a, "Whoa, what was that?" look and then looked down where he had landed. In true video game fashion, which means for no apparent reason, his head and his waist with his legs had all separated from his body. Disgusted and slightly horrified if not traumatized, I wake up. I guess it makes sense though, as Halo games are terrible in the real world too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!