A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Night of July 12-13, 2009

Mama, Natasha and I were having a sort of cook-out BBQ in a a neat little cranny in some sort of half abandoned strip mall with an enormous parking lot. The area was almost as if you can picture the rows of stores in an outdoor mall and on a corner, you removed the entire store itself leaving a hole. There was a microwave on one end and just us three were there. Mama said there would be a/the dance at some hour in the evening. I was uneasy about having it. We put the food away and she gave us some of her (alcoholic) drink. She said to be careful if anyone catches us, especially Natasha because otherwise she (Mama) would be sent to the hospital. I corrected her, saying, "prison." On that cue, at least two dozen people (I've never seen before) began to appear and line up in front of me. I had ditched my drink, but one man (blond, 25-30 years old) saw Natasha with hers and, thinking it was lemonade, asked for a glass of that. Mama nodded to me and I ran a ways to a rather dilapidated grocery store filled with mostly potato chips. Everywhere, it was getting more and more crowded. I ran through the store (I don't remember if I bought or took something to buy) but halfway through, I felt my phone or someother similar device vibrate in my suit pocket (yes, somehow, I'm now wearing a suit). Still running, I see Daniel B., apparently waiting for me. We run off back to where I was before as I say, "Hey man, where's your satelite-fax?" and he laughs. Back where we were before, the party is now indoors. The music is remarkably quiet but there are still a few people including Gabbey H. dancing. Inside the room, there are several counter-tops with space underneath and a large metal sink. (As a remark, there are only people I don't know or people from the English Section at school.) On the other side of the room are large glass windows and the door. The room is pretty narrow, too. It looks like an abandoned store. Near the sink, Mama is allocating were to put and cook food. I wake up, apprehensive about the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!