A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Night of July 17-18, 2009

Mama and I are going to go camping but we keep arguing about things that didn't make sense to me. It just didn't seem logical. It was a cold, drizzly, foggy day and everything around adopted the drab gray monochromatic color scheme. We dumped our stuff on the beach (where I suppose we were camping) but Mama said she didn't want to start setting up just yet. Instead, we went to a relatively small mall not far away. The locale was like the beaches of San Francisco and of Half Moon Bay combined: the concrete flood walls combined with the comparatively rural location. Mama and I went into a shoe store (mid pricerange). It was like Payless in that she could try on whichever shoes she wanted but there were also some pretty top-of-the-line shoes on display, as well. Anyway, while she was tring shoes on and I was getting bored, there was some sort of comotion, like an alarm going off or a noisy customer, I don't remember, but Mama saw her chance and took one of the off-limits display shoes to try on. Whatever had happened had settled down and now the store clerks were roaming around trying to find the source of a new alarm that had sounded (that being Mama's taking of the shoe). I said to her that they were getting suspicious and that if we wanted anything or not we should just plain leave and comeback another day. Absorbed in the beauty if the show and in narcistic delight, it took some convincing. I had to ask in French (because the clerk's seeing me stressed out after the alarm was all but giving us a bad name) as to not be completely exposed. Mama relented and we left the store posthaste. Just trying to get away, I went down the wrong way on the escalator (for fun, I guess). Befuddled but not vanquished by its speed and nearly at the bottom, I wake up.
I fell back asleep and had another dream. This time I was visiting again my old school Lycée Français La Pérouse at the Ortega campus. As in all my dreams, it's never exactly the same with hallways and what not mixed up and not where they should be but it was nice to be in that setting even if it wasn't exactly right. I had a little bit of class then a long P.E. lesson. I talked to my old friends a little bit too, although not to Leah T., Raymond D., and Peter B., surprisingly enough. The lunch area was completely different with barriers for the lunch line like for roller coasters and there was a massive plasma TV for something. Waiting in a crowded line for lunch, I wake up. I liked this dream very much. It had no stress or pressure or anything bad. It was just a sunny day, visiting my old school and hanging out with my old best friends one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!