A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Monday, August 16, 2010

Night of August 28-29, 2009

I remember being on the computer. In one window was the dream, in the other I was browsing the Internet. In the dream, all I remember in a sci-fi theme and being held prisoner. On the Internet, besides looking at the funeral plans for an author who died in 1195 and had a funeral theme of broccoli, I was also chatting with people. One of Rich's friends tole me how to free myself in the dream. It worked! I was also searching for a song for Natasha and this factored into the dream somehow, too. Once having freed myself and feeling happy, I wake up.
Second dream. I remember being at a sort of farmhouse with a large warehouse next door across a field. It was night-time and a I was with Marie and a few others whom I've never seen. We were all walking next to the warehouse when men with guns came out and told us to stand up, lined up, against the wall. They then told us to take off our clothes. Everyone was crying and hysterical because we thought we were going to die. Marie waited and didn't take off her clothes. Instead she ran for it into the field. I immediately did the same. Everyone else stayed behind. I found Marie hiding in the field (they were really tall crops; corn, maybe) and together we escaped back to the house and hid. The men with guns didn't come after us and our other companions were released. They came back to the house although most of their clothes were confiscated. I was with Mama, Natasha and Papa. I was arguing with Papa they living in some palace (I think it was Versailles) was better than living at some other smaller one next door although he didn't believe me. Outside, it was back to where I live in England although behind the house across the street were a whole bunch of fields with the same tall crops. It was August 12 which was harvest day because of the half-moon and Natasha and I wanted to watch. Mama left to go somewhere (I think to Vernon's) and I think Papa went to sleep. It was getting lighter so I went down to the fields and there were everyone from the Lycée as well as European School all playing a weird, faster version of American football but mixed with a bit of rugby too. I joined it and made a touchdown after a few minutes, then woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!