A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Night of August 14-15, 2009

During this long dream, I remember being with different friends in different places all over Europe and maybe even the world. From running around Notre Dame in our underwear and carrying a laptop and laughing all the way to stumbling across a surprise party in a train station to two people leaving. Trains really were the theme. Way in the beginning of the dream, there was steam engine I got to ride on, going through mountainous terrain and through tunnels. The friends I was with and I would always almost miss the train. As in we're running along, tapping on the window of the train driver's cab as it pulls away and he has the kindness to open the doors and slow down enough so we could hop on. Seeing the world in my head with friends I actually don't know, I wake up.
There was another dream, now that I think about it. I think it was before the train one. I just remember little parts. I was in some kind of theme park. It was Ferrari (or some other supercar) themed. I remember trying to drive the fast go-karts around a scale model of a famous track. I recall hanging from a wall. Well like going up to it and putting my arms up, holding onto it, and stretching only to accidentally rip something (maybe sprinkler tubes) behind it. Whether I woke up and fell back asleep or this dream turned into the train one directly, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!