A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Monday, August 16, 2010

Night of August 31-September 1, 2009

I remember being at a waterfront and seeing a giant boulder-looking UFO float around in the sky. It had come out of nowhere and the military was shooting it. It exploded and shattered. People were scared of something bad happening to them by the government like brain-washing or worse because of some sort of cover-up conspiracy. Later, the dream changed pace and I went to a supermarket. I went to the butcher's and deli section and there was the girl from that reality show called something like, “Young, dumb, and living off Mum”. She was the winner. I didn't recognize her as that or if I did, I didn't act on it. I was looking at all the dead chickens and the fake cheese decoration. She asked, like any good store keeper, if she could help me and I asked her about the chickens. She seemed off-put, as in, “Why does this guy care about that?” but I turned it into a (kinda stupid) joke that made her laugh and we talked about different things in the store. The conversation got to some of the fake mini-scenery and I accidentally hurt one of the bonsais. She got pretty angry but I made a random windmill, pinwheel-looking thing out of things lying around in two seconds and just randomly stuck it in the ground where the bonsai had been, She smiled and then made one herself. We looked at each other and instantly a race broke out on who could make the most windmills. I looked up from what I was doing and the entire store had been replaced by a huge sunny field on a hill. The countertop we had been at was then a small cliff sort of indentation in the hill. Behind us were a few people from school and they were with some friends whom I'd never seen before. The girl started singing to herself a Broadway musical song as we made pinwheels and randomly it got louder and music was playing from somewhere and the others joined in until it was like a big Sound of Music production. As we were all there, singing happily on that sunny hill, the giant boulder shaped UFO appeared out of the blue sky and swooped down and rocked back and forth in the air like a pendulum. Instantly the singing stopped and the people from school and their friends bolted off down the hill. The UFO came ever to closer to us two. There was a jeep nearby and I knew that we could try to run away but I didn't know if that was a good idea. It was a strange feeling. Sort of like: if we stay here, they'll look at us and get bored and leave but if we try to run they'll just follow us or worse. Wishing really hard not to be abducted, I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!