A Dream Journal

I'd tried and failed several times to keep diaries of my day to day life but every time I made an entry, I felt I was simply repeating myself as it was all stuff I'd just already done and said. I have a knack for remembering my dreams so it came to me as the perfect hobby to try and remember my dreams and write them down the best I could. Dreams have always interested me and considering we spend much of our lives sleeping, I find it'd be a shame to forget all that time, strolling in our own subconscious.
Here is my dream journal, remembered the best I can, for your enjoyment and consideration.
(Please don't be worried by the relatively old dates in the titles of the posts. The journal is originally on paper and I'm currently typing it all up, posting it progressively from oldest to newest. This blog is still very much alive!)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Night of August 16-17, 2009

I remember walking around a town. A little grey. I was with Mama and Papa. I kept wanting to go down alleys or between certain barriers or posts because I knew that if I did, it would summon some monsters and I'd get to fight them. Ultimately looking out for my safety, they forbade me and nearly forcibly enforced that decision. I was really dissapointed and almost started to cry. When I wanted to go down the alley, they grabbed me and asked why I wanted to go down it. Before I could anser, they remembered that it's something of a trap. You enter and it loops around itself until all the monsters are dead. Then I said, "Yeah, and then you get the treasure!" They then pushed me on to wherever we were actually going. Around that time, the game (because that's what I knew it was from the beginning, even if I was part of it) and I "separated". Instead of being in the video game, I was controlling it, although there still was the same view point for the most part. I was on a sleepover with Peter at my house and after we got bored of that game (where I was stuck and kept wandering around some sort of train station or airport) and he went through my older ones looking at how far I had gotten or how long it took me to finish it. Usually he had done better and kept teasing me about it which got on my nerves quite a bit.
I assume that that dream ended and I moved onto another one without waking up because I remember a few scenes of something pretty much competely different. At first I wasn't even in the dream. There was a group of people, mostly girls, no more than five strong, staying at a hotel. They had signed up for "Cool Lessons" and one of those annoying surfer dudes who thinks he's all that but is actually pretty pathetic, the kind you sort of snicker at with your friends in disbelief, was trying to show them how to do backflips off the second floor balcony into the pool. He just belly-flopped. Then I was there, in the pool, watching it all. I was just like, "Okay, whateve," when I saw that and decided just to swim. I went underwater and stood on the bottom of the fifteen or twenty foot deep pool. I then tried to kick off from the bottom but I would just sink back down before I got close to the surface. There was a ledge in the pool at around two or three feet deep that I had tried to hold onto and pull myself up but my fingers slipped underwater. As I sank back down, the pressure was stronger and I was running out of air fast. I didn't know if a lifeguard had seen me in which case it would be better to just stay put. If one didn't see me, on the other hand, my only chance would be to try to get the surface. I could feel the panic setting in. I wanted to take a deep breath but remember that I probably shouldn't at the bottom of a pool. The pool was long so I wouldn't have time to walk the bottom to a shallower part because the slope was very gradual. My lungs were stinging; no, on fire. I was very tired. I mustered up all my strength and in a final, last-ditch effort, pushed up as hard as I could, aiming for the ledge and kicking a little bit too. Six inches from the edge, I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! whoosh!